Applications and nominations for the Chegg.org Global Student Prize now open to Students Worldwide (US$100,000 award)
Conceived in 2021 through a collaboration between the Varkey Foundation and Chegg.org, the Global Student Prize mirrors the esteemed Global Teacher Prize, echoing its mission to spotlight excellence in education. This $100,000 award serves as a testament to the profound impact students can exert on their peers and communities worldwide. By fostering a culture of recognition and celebration, the prize amplifies the voices of young changemakers reshaping our collective future.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
One hallmark of the Global Student Prize is its inclusivity. Unlike many accolades, it doesn’t confine itself to traditional academic pathways. Instead, it embraces students from diverse backgrounds, acknowledging the value of their contributions regardless of their educational settings. Whether enrolled in formal institutions, pursuing skills programs, or engaging in online learning, all students aged 16 and above are invited to participate, underscoring the prize’s commitment to accessibility and diversity.
The Application Process
The selection process for the Global Student Prize is rigorous, reflecting a comprehensive evaluation of applicants’ achievements and impact. Beyond academic prowess, candidates are assessed on their influence within their peer groups, their contributions to their communities, and their resilience in overcoming adversities. Additionally, the prize recognizes creativity, innovation, and a commitment to global citizenship as essential qualities in today’s student leaders.
The Path to Recognition: Timeline and Criteria
The journey towards the Global Student Prize unfolds through a meticulously structured timeline:
- Application Period: Open from February 1, 2024
- Deadline: April 28, 2024, at 23:59 (GMT+1)
- Notification: Successful entrants notified by mid-July 2024
- Winner Announcement: Top 10 finalists and the ultimate winner unveiled later in the year
Candidates are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement: Demonstrating excellence in formal studies and beyond, including research, scholarly presentations, and academic resilience.
- Impact on Peers: Contributing positively to student communities through mentoring, tutoring, activism, or support initiatives.
- Community and Global Engagement: Effecting tangible change locally, nationally, or internationally, addressing social, environmental, or humanitarian issues.
- Overcoming Adversity: Exhibiting resilience in the face of challenges, whether socioeconomic, health-related, or personal.
- Creativity and Innovation: Showcasing originality and innovation across various domains, from arts and technology to social entrepreneurship.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrating a commitment to fostering cross-cultural understanding, collaboration, and advocacy on global issues.
Terms and Conditions: Upholding Integrity and Responsibility
To ensure fairness and integrity, the Global Student Prize adheres to stringent terms and conditions, governing eligibility, application procedures, and post-selection obligations. Applicants must meet specific criteria, maintain ethical standards, and agree to the terms outlined by the Varkey Foundation and Chegg.
A Celebration of Student Excellence
The Chegg.org Global Student Prize stands as a testament to the transformative potential of students worldwide. Beyond mere recognition, it represents a commitment to nurturing and empowering the next generation of leaders, innovators, and global citizens. As the deadline approaches, aspiring changemakers are invited to seize this opportunity and embark on a journey of recognition, impact, and inspiration.
For further inquiries or to begin your application, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in celebrating the extraordinary achievements of students shaping a brighter tomorrow.
Disclaimer: This article provides an overview of the Chegg.org Global Student Prize and its associated terms and conditions. For comprehensive details and official guidelines, applicants are encouraged to refer directly to the prize platform and organizers.