The University College of London (UCL) Global Masters Scholarship to Study in UK(Fully-funded and open to all nationalities))
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship stands as a beacon of opportunity, designed to empower and encourage international students from lower-income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at University College London (UCL). This scholarship aims to foster diversity, inclusivity, and academic excellence among the student community.
- Value: £15,000 (for one year)
- Available to: Prospective students
- Selection Criteria: Financial need
- Eligible Fee Status: Overseas
- Eligible Programmes: All postgraduate taught
- Deadline: 5 pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024
Candidates from any country outside the UK are welcome, provided they meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate.
- Come from a lower-income background.
- Have submitted a complete admission application (including references) for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2024/25. Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible; students must be physically present at UCL in the UK.
Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on our essential information page.
Value, Benefits, and Duration
- Up to 85 scholarships available in 2024/25, with five specifically aimed at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year unless the full-time program is two years, in which case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- Can be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received.
- Recipients must inform the UCL Student Funding Office of any other funding awarded for their UCL Master’s degree studies.
The scholarship will first be applied to tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year for maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded based on financial need and the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to Apply
Visit the International Masters Awards page for detailed information on the application process. The deadline for applications is 5 pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024.
Successful candidates for the 2024/25 academic year will be notified by late June 2024.
This scholarship not only provides financial support but also fosters a diverse and vibrant academic community at UCL. Prospective students are encouraged to apply, and the university looks forward to welcoming individuals who will contribute to the global tapestry of knowledge and innovation. For additional details, refer to the Essential Information page for all funding scheme applicants.