Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
2024-2025 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) for Thai Nationals(Fully-funded)
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is a prestigious initiative that offers a diverse group of emerging student leaders a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. Administered by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, the program aims to attract individuals from underrepresented backgrounds who have not had previous opportunities to study in the United States. Successful applicants will gain a deep understanding of U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, while also having the chance to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled for one semester in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate coursework, selecting from their host institution’s existing curriculum. To foster a comprehensive understanding of the United States, participants will be required to take a 3-credit U.S. studies course. They will reside in campus housing alongside American peers and are expected to engage in 20 hours of community service. The program also includes a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop.
- Applicants must be Thai citizens.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program in Thailand.
- Scholarships are available to students who have completed at least one semester of study by January 2024.
- Participants must have at least one year left in their undergraduate studies at their home institutions after the Global UGRAD Program.
- Demonstrated leadership potential through academic achievements, community involvement, and extracurricular activities is required.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 48iBT is necessary for consideration. Students scoring between 48-60 will be assessed for the virtual English Language Training before the exchange phase. A minimum score of 61 is needed to participate in the U.S. exchange program.
- Preference will be given to applicants with limited or no prior experience in the United States or abroad.
- Successful candidates are required to return to Thailand upon program completion.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Application and Program Timeline:
Undergraduate students from all fields of study are encouraged to apply. The application period for the 2024-2025 academic year is from November 1, 2023, to December 15, 2023. You can find the application form at here. Participants will be placed at a U.S. university either in the fall 2024 semester (August – December 2024) or the spring 2025 semester (January to May 2025).
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, scheduled for January 2024 at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. Finalists will be notified of their acceptance into the program by April 2024.
For any inquiries, please email HoontrakoonA@fan.gov with the subject line “Global UGRAD Inquiry 2024-2025.”