admin | Feb 14, 2024 | 0
Exciting Opportunity: Program Analyst, Civil Society and Leadership
Are you passionate about creating positive change in civil society? Do you have a keen interest in philanthropy, social justice, and international development? UC Berkeley, in partnership with the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, is offering an exciting opportunity for recent graduates to embark on a transformative journey as a Philanthropy Fellow.
About the Fellowship:
As a Philanthropy Fellow, you will play a vital role in the Civil Society and Leadership (CSL) Initiative. This unique fellowship offers a two-year, full-time position at the Foundation, providing you with hands-on experience in the world of philanthropy and nonprofit sectors. You will engage with philanthropic leaders, work on grant-making projects, and contribute to the development of just societies and a healthy, resilient natural world.
– Conduct research and analysis to inform grantmaking and strategy.
– Administer grants focused on global civil society and work on projects in Latin America.
– Collaborate on leadership and capacity development initiatives.
– Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities associated with CSL strategies.
– Engage with program officers, grantees, and partners to foster strategic philanthropy.
– 2-3 years of professional experience or graduate-level education in a related field.
– Experience in civil society organizations and knowledge of global civil society issues.
– Strong analytical, research, and communication skills.
– Initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work in diverse teams.
– Lived or professional experience outside the United States, preferably in Latin America.
– Conversational Spanish proficiency is a plus.
What We Offer:
– A 2-year, full-time position with UC Berkeley, paid monthly, and eligible for UC Benefits.
– Salary up to $90,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
– Professional development opportunities, including conferences and workshops.
– Mentorship and support from both UC Berkeley and the Packard Foundation.
How to Apply:
Please click here and search for Philanthropy Fellow (Job number: 7398U) on the UC Berkeley career page to apply. Please be sure to submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Join us in Building a Just and Equitable World!
UC Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please visit here