Angelina | Feb 28, 2024 | 0
GKS Summer School Programme in Korea for International Students (Fully-funded)
Open to: African and Latin American Students
Benefits: paid air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveller’s insurance
This program is designed to provide students from Africa and Latin America with an in-depth academic training as well as an opportunity to experience Korean culture to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society. It will start in July ~and it will end in August (5 weeks), 80 undergraduate students in total (40 from Africa, 40 from Latin America). NIIED nominates universities for program management. The designated universities recommend selected candidates to NIIED and NIIED selects the scholarship recipients
To apply, the applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of African or Latin American countries
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student in the university/college in Africa and Latin America
- Be fluent in English
- Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveller’s insurance. Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information also on how to apply, visit the official web site.