UN Women UK is dedicated to promoting gender equality, ending violence against women and girls, and supporting UN Women’s global initiatives. Our activities involve raising awareness, mobilizing donations, and advocating for UN Women’s work within the UK society.
We collect and hold the following types of information:
- Names and contact information (postal address, email address, and phone number)
- Donor histories, emails, letters, and other interactions with UN Women UK
- Names and email addresses of individuals subscribing to our communications
We gather this information through various channels, including phone interactions, correspondence, in-person engagements, our website, and social media platforms.
Use of Information
We utilize the collected personal information to support our charitable and aid activities. Examples of usage include:
- Notifying individuals (with permission) of emergency appeals or donation drives
- Sending periodic emails to those registered on our mailing list, updating them on our work and activities
While based in the UK, we collaborate with committees and organizations worldwide. Our involvement in international conferences and events, such as the annual UN Commission on the Status of Women, is vital to our mission. However, we do not share information about staff, donors, or volunteers with UN Women Headquarters or any other overseas entity.