Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program
In May 2011, Yousef Jameel, working with the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), initiated the Yousef Jameel public leadership program, with the overall objective of building the capacity of young competent Egyptian nationals in the areas of public policy and public administration and preparing them for leadership roles in Egypt after the January 25 revolution.
By supporting 300 fellows in 12 cohorts of 25 Egyptian graduate students per year, the Yousef Jameel public leadership program will have contributed to creating a cadre of well-educated, competent graduates ready to take on the responsibility of affecting change in the Egyptian society.
A selected number of exceptional candidates are to receive a complete fellowship to pursue a master’s degree in one of the eight programs at AUC
- Egyptian nationals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in social sciences (business administration, management, political science, law, and others), engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, and others) or science (pharmacy, medicine, computer science, chemistry, and others)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or a rating of gayed geddan
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including an international TOEFL IBT or an IELTS exam score
- Minimum of two and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving their bachelor’s degree, preferably in public, nonprofit or international development organizations; graduates of 2012- 2022.
- Continuing students will only be considered if they have only finished a maximum of 6 credit hours (2 courses) by September 2024.
- Holders of a Bachelor in Law (LLB) degree with a grade ‘Good’ could be considered for the selection process on a case-by-case basis
Students must complete their master’s degrees within a period of two and a half years, including an optional semester as a study abroad. The fellowship is subject to review every semester.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- Remedial English courses
- Book allowance per semester
- Accommodation allowance for non-residents of Cairo
- Bus transportation fees
- Study abroad opportunity for one semester according to AUC student exchange policies (travel and living expenses)
Responsibilities of Fellows:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Pursue a number of extracurricular and community service activities as arranged by the department and the Jameel GAPP fellowship office
- Respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadline communicated. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes; attendance of fellowship events including any meetings/events as requested by the relevant university entities.
Step 1: Check how to apply and apply online for AUC’s graduate admission and submit all supporting documents, including the English language exam results: TOEFL IBT or IELTS through The British Council or IDP.
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application
- Graduate admission application: April 1
- Fellowship application: May 7 for the fall semester