Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
PhD Research Excellence: EPSRC-Funded Studentships at the University of Exeter – September 2024 Entry
Are you ready to embark on a transformative research journey? The University of Exeter is thrilled to announce up to 15 fully-funded doctoral studentships for entry in September 2024, made possible through our partnership with the EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council).
Explore Our World-Class University:
Nestled in one of the most captivating locations in the UK, the University of Exeter offers a world-class education and research experience. As a proud member of the Russell Group, our research reaches global audiences. We are committed to collaborating with our PhD researchers to make a positive impact on the world, fostering a vibrant research environment through our Doctoral College.
The EPSRC, the leading funding body for engineering and physical sciences research in the UK, supports a diverse portfolio ranging from digital technologies to clean energy. Our application process is designed to be student-centered. Reach out to an academic staff member with relevant expertise to discuss your proposal. The application deadline is 19th February 2024, so be sure to connect with your potential supervisor well in advance. We encourage applications for multidisciplinary projects and those with industry or external organization alignment.
Studentship Funding Information:
Successful eligible applicants can expect:
- Index-linked stipend for up to 3.5 years full time (currently £18,622 per annum for 2023/24), pro-rata for part-time students.
- Coverage of University tuition fees (Home)
- Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of £5,000 over 3.5 years, or pro-rata for part-time students.
Funding Eligibility for 2024/25 Entry:
Refer to the UKRI EPSRC residency criteria web page.
- Home students: Fully-funded studentships available for UK Nationals, those with settled or pre-settled status, or indefinite leave to remain or enter.
- International students: Limited fully-funded studentships available. Note that international students need to cover the costs of the student visa, healthcare surcharge, and associated expenses.
Academic Entry Requirements for 2024/25 Entry:
Applicants should possess, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of science, engineering, or technology. Lower Second Class degree holders will be considered if they have a Masters degree or significant relevant non-academic experience. Proficiency in English is required for non-native speakers.
How to Apply:
Navigate the step-by-step application process here.
Deadline: 19th February 2024.
For more information: https://shorturl.at/wCX03
Seize the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking research and shape your future at the University of Exeter. Apply now and be part of a community committed to making a lasting impact.