Cristina | Feb 27, 2024 | 0
University of California, Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for Young Africans(Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in USA)
The University of California, Berkeley is one of two partner universities that offers professional Master’s degrees, along with undergraduate degrees.
Founded in 1868, UC Berkeley is one of the world’s leading academic institutions and ranked as the premier public university. Widely known as “Cal,” the campus is renowned for the distinction of its faculty and students, the scope of its research and publications, and the size and quality of its libraries and laboratories. National rankings consistently place Berkeley’s undergraduate and graduate programs among the very best in a variety of disciplines.
Students with a Disability
UC Berkeley offers some of the most comprehensive services and assistance in higher education for students with disabilities. To learn more, visit the Disabled Students’ Program website
Deadline: Varies by course
The Center for African Studies and the Mastercard Foundation are engaged in a ten-year partnership to support 108 master’s degree students from Sub-Saharan African countries who are academically talented and committed to transformative change on the continent. The Program recruits widely across Sub-Saharan Africa and encourages applications particularly from women, people with disabilities, and those who are refugees or displaced.
The main eligibility criteria are:
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country: This includes Africans who are refugees or displaced within the African continent. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries. Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- Having academic talent: All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to a UC Berkeley master’s degree program to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
- Demonstrating leadership potential: The Program seeks those committed to developing the skills and mindsets associated with transformative leadership, i.e, that which engages others in an ethical manner to generate positive and lasting change.
- Coming from a socio-economically disadvantaged background: This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who might not otherwise have access to quality further education.
- Having demonstrated the commitment to give back to your community, country, or continent: We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later in the Scholarship application.
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies: We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of the Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internships, academic training and job placements.
Send questions on eligiblity to email@example.com
Mastercard Foundation Scholars receive a comprehensive scholarship equivalent to the costs associated with earning a master’s degree, which includes travel, tuition, Berkeley student fees, visa and SEVIS fees, housing, food, living expenses, and cohort signature programs which will focus on leadership and entrepreneurship.
Master’s degree applicants must first apply to a graduate progam before they will be considered for the Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program. Not all degree programs are eligible. Here is a list of Master’s Degree programs.
Each eligible graduate degree program has specific requirements and applicants should carefully review those. The Graduate Division also provides detailed information on the admissions process for international students. Direct questions regarding admission requirements should be made to the specific graduate program. We outline more details of the Scholars Program application process for master’s program here.
REGISTER FOR THE GRADUATE RECRUIMENT FAIR:
Event Date and Time: Tuesday, October 31 at 9 am PST (California Time)
If you’re aspiring to pursue a master’s degree at the prestigious University of California, Berkeley, the 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Graduate Fair Recruitment session is your gateway to unlocking exceptional opportunities. This event promises a wealth of information, insights, and the chance to take your academic journey to new heights.
How to Get Involved
Step 1: Register for the Master’s Program of Your Interest
The first crucial step on your journey towards graduate studies at UC Berkeley is to register for the master’s program that aligns with your academic and career goals. To explore the diverse array of master’s programs, please register using the following link: Master’s Program Registration.
Step 2: Register for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Graduate Fair Recruitment Session
To delve deeper into the opportunities offered by the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, we invite you to register for the Graduate Fair Recruitment session at UC Berkeley. This session is your key to understanding the resources, support, and scholarships available to make your academic dreams a reality. To secure your spot, please register using this link: Scholars Program Registration.
For a comprehensive understanding of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley and the benefits it brings to graduate students, please visit: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
We are eagerly anticipating your presence at the 2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Graduate Fair Recruitment session at UC Berkeley. This is a golden opportunity to take your education to the next level.
Don’t forget to share this incredible opportunity with your network!