Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
Join YCI’s #HerStart Fully-funded Fellowship for a 3 or 6-month placement in Ghana, Tanzania or Uganda!
Looking to grow personally and professionally? Have you always wanted to volunteer abroad and gain global experience? A 3-month International Fellowship allows you to share your skill sets and support young women to become agents of social change – all while gaining new knowledge to enhance your future.
Do you want to steer your future in a bold new direction? A 6-month International Fellowship for Canadians of all ages, professions and academic backgrounds allows you to put your knowledge to use while gaining unparalleled professional experience within global development.
A HerStart Fellowship is a specialized experience for Canadians built around your diverse skills, knowledge and passions including:
- Gender equality
- Climate action
- Social entrepreneurship
The final application deadline for the January cohort is October 8, 2023 and the deadline for the May cohort is February 11, 2024.
Why an International Fellowship?
For over 30 years, YCI has guided thousands of Canadians through volunteer abroad programs. Before departure, you will receive holistic training that prepares you for life overseas and builds your knowledge in key areas including gender, climate and social impact. Once in Ghana, Tanzania or Uganda, our experienced team will get you settled and provide you with tailored support throughout your placement. Upon your return home, reintegration support will help you debrief your experience and guide you to your next opportunity!
Costs covered by YCI:
- An international roundtrip flight
- A monthly stipend to cover basic living costs during placement
- A stipend towards vaccines and medications
- In-country emergency medical and evacuation insurance
- Required travel visas
Through a HerStart Fellowship, you will connect and collaborate with young women, communities and global partners to help grow social entrepreneurship ecosystems. While expanding your professional network, you will also help women launch or scale the next wave of social businesses that will benefit people, the economy and the planet.
Add to your CV and lived experience by building new knowledge, skills and networks to shape your impact-driven journey through an immersive international volunteer fellowship.
Gain exclusive access to:
- An international network of like-minded people and organizations that will be with you long after the Fellowship
- High-quality training and mentorship from our global partners and subject matter experts in their fields, including gender equality, social enterprise, monitoring and evaluation, climate action, and human-centred design
- Ongoing support from our experienced teams before, during and after your placement
- Unique opportunities to build transferable skills, including coaching and mentorship, cross-cultural communication, project management and more