Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
Several Paid Internship Opportunities at the Council on Foreign Relations,USA:Apply Now
In our rapidly changing global landscape, staying informed about foreign policy is more crucial than ever. The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) stands at the forefront as a leading nonpartisan resource for information and ideas in this field. If you’re passionate about international affairs and eager to make a meaningful impact, consider joining CFR’s internship programs.
CFR Internship Experience
At CFR, interns engage in one of the premier paid internship programs in the foreign policy arena. Working alongside intelligent and dedicated staff, interns contribute to meaningful projects in a diverse and inclusive environment. The experience goes beyond routine tasks, providing an opportunity to collaborate with leading foreign policy experts.
Spring 2024 Internship Programs
CFR’s spring 2024 internship programs offer a variety of opportunities for interns to immerse themselves in different aspects of foreign policy. Whether you prefer a hybrid work environment or fully remote options, CFR accommodates your needs.
1. Podcast Internship, Digital Content, Spring 2024
- Contribute to CFR’s podcast, explaining international relations issues to a broad audience.
- Undertake research briefings on episode topics and assist with logistical and production tasks.
2. Africa Policy Internship, Spring 2024
- Support a fellow’s work by contributing to social media research and engaging in ad-hoc research tasks.
- Develop expertise in African history, politics, and economics.
3. Asia Studies Internship, Spring 2024
- Assist the Asia Studies program in research for a fellow’s book and op-ed, and manage the new website.
- Gain insights into the latest developments and debates on China policy.
4. Communications Internship, Foreign Affairs Marketing, Spring 2024
- Work on promoting Foreign Affairs web content, issue launches, and events.
- Navigate the evolving media landscape to ensure materials reach their intended audiences.
5. Corporate Affairs Internship, Programming, Spring 2024
- Engage with the private sector, coordinating business community participation in CFR’s activities.
- Contribute to organizing over 70 events in New York and Washington.
6. Development Internship, Spring 2024
- Assist the Development department in writing, reviewing, and proofreading grant reports.
- Support donor prospecting efforts through research projects.
How to Apply
CFR offers internships through the Blavatnik Internship Program and the Robina Franklin Williams Internship Program. Both programs provide valuable experiences, and applicants are encouraged to explore opportunities that align with their interests.
Blavatnik Internship Program
- Recruiting year-round on a semester basis.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students with majors in international relations, political science, economics, or related fields.
- Interns participate in the Intern Professional Development program and gain exposure to CFR’s meetings and events.
Robina Franklin Williams Internship Program
- Aimed at making the foreign policy community more reflective of America’s diversity.
- Recruiting year-round on a semester basis.
- Targets undergraduate and graduate students with majors in international relations, political science, economics, or related fields.
- In addition to substantive work, interns participate in the Intern Professional Development program and receive fully funded trips to CFR’s locations.
Both programs are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, welcoming candidates from various backgrounds.
About Len Blavatnik and Ambassador Franklin H. Williams
The unique internship programs at CFR are made possible through generous support. Len Blavatnik, a distinguished philanthropist, and global business leader, supports the Blavatnik Internship Program. The Robina Franklin Williams Internship Program is named in honor of the late Ambassador Franklin H. Williams, who made significant contributions to CFR and the broader foreign policy community.
Application Process and Contact Information
CFR generally posts internship opportunities on its website, and interested candidates can apply during specified periods. For the most updated information and to explore current opportunities, please visit CFR’s official website.
- New York Office:
- 58 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10065
- Tel: 212.434.9400
- Washington Office:
- 1777 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Tel: 202.509.8400
Note: If you encounter technical issues with the application portal, please try using an alternate browser or refreshing the URL.
Join CFR in shaping the future of foreign policy. Apply now and be part of an organization committed to developing the next generation of leaders in government, academia, and the private sector. Your journey into the world of international affairs starts here.