Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
Paid Internship Opportunity: CSIS Scholl Chair in International Business – Spring 2024
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), a leading non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization, is offering a unique internship opportunity for aspiring professionals interested in international business and trade. This Spring 2024 internship with the Scholl Chair in International Business provides candidates with a chance to work alongside experts, contribute to vital research, and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of international trade and economic policies.
Location: Washington, D.C., DC, USA, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular Internship
Posted: October 30, 2023
CSIS, established in 1962, is dedicated to delivering strategic insights and practical policy solutions to global decision-makers concerned with security and prosperity. With a team of over 200 employees and more than 120 analysts, CSIS addresses the ever-evolving dynamics of international security across the world.
The Scholl Chair in International Business is seeking two passionate research interns to support their vital work. Since 1981, the Scholl Chair has been at the forefront of examining the relationship between international trade, investment, and economic growth. This research plays a crucial role in shaping America’s position on the global stage by integrating trade and international economic goals into foreign policy.
As the global trading system undergoes significant changes, the Scholl Chair’s focus is on analyzing these transformations and creating tools to address current and emerging issues within international trade. The internship offers full-time engagement and is open to undergraduate (junior standing or above), graduate students, or recent graduates who have a background in international trade and economics. Strong research and writing skills are essential.
- Work closely with the Scholl Chair team on various projects, including supply chain analysis, climate change’s impact on trade, sustainable development, digital trade, and more.
- Conduct research and contribute to reports on trade and international business topics.
- Produce content related to trade for the Scholl Chair.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within CSIS and with other organizations as guided by the program.
- Identify and participate in virtual events, taking notes on subjects relevant to the Scholl Chair program.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and requests as directed by program staff.
- Strong English-language writing and research skills with great attention to detail, even under pressure.
- Critical and creative thinking abilities, suitable for independent work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a small, close-knit team.
- Practical and/or academic background in areas like international trade and investment policy, economics, finance, international relations, and climate change and sustainability policy is desirable but not required.
- Strong communication skills, self-discipline, and attention to detail are essential. Prior professional experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF document that includes their resume, cover letter, a 3-5 page writing sample, and college transcript through CSIS’s careers page. Take this opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a meaningful contribution to the world of international business and trade.