Angelina | Feb 19, 2024 | 0
World Bank Legal Internship Program 2024
Application period for the 2024 Summer Cycle of the Legal Internship Program will be from December 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023. If you have any questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a driven law student eager to gain exposure to the dynamic world of international law and development? The World Bank Legal Internship Program offers an exceptional opportunity to immerse yourself in the mission and work of the World Bank and its Legal Vice Presidency. This program empowers individuals like you to bring innovative ideas, fresh perspectives, and cutting-edge research into the daily operations of the World Bank while enhancing your legal skills in a multicultural environment.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is designed to provide you with firsthand experiences of the World Bank’s day-to-day operations. By collaborating closely with the Legal Vice Presidency’s dedicated staff, you will have the unique chance to:
- Contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency.
- Participate in high-profile events and conferences.
- Work alongside inspiring development professionals and senior management.
To be eligible for this enriching experience, you must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program.
- Citizenship of an IBRD member state.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Preferably, proficiency in a second language, particularly one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from both international and U.S.-based students are warmly encouraged.
Internship Cycles and Application Deadlines
Choose from three internship cycles to align with your academic schedule:
- Summer Internship: Application period from December 1 to December 31, typically between June and August.
- Fall Internship: Application period from April 1 to April 30, typically between September and November.
- Spring Internship: Application period from September 1 to September 30, typically between March and May.
As a legal intern, you will engage in a wide range of tasks, including:
- Collaborating on legal assignments under the guidance of supervising lawyers.
- Conducting in-depth research on assigned issues.
- Analyzing information and summarizing findings.
- Conducting comparative legal analyses.
- Participating in task/project teams.
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Undertaking ad hoc assignments as directed.
- Visa: Participants must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank may assist in visa procurement in exceptional cases.
- Cost: The World Bank does not provide monetary compensation but may offer compensation through the participant’s educational institution or as academic credit.
- Medical Insurance: Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance.
- Selection Process: Competitive selection process.
- Onboarding: A brief onboarding session will be organized at the start of each internship cycle.
- Performance Evaluation: The World Bank does not provide performance evaluations.
Please note that participation in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not guarantee future employment with the World Bank.
Ready to embark on a transformative legal journey? Submit your application during the respective application periods and unlock your potential at the intersection of law and global development.
If you have questions or need further information, explore our Frequently Asked Questions section on our website.
Join Us in Shaping the Future
Discover how our Legal Internship Program alumni have made an impact beyond their internships. Explore profiles and testimonials on our website.