Angelina | Feb 28, 2024 | 0
Dalberg’s 2023 Postgraduate Consultant Program(Paid Job)
Job Category: Consulting
Dar Es Salaam, TZ
New Delhi, IN
Closing Date: 15 Jan 2023
MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS.
BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media, Dalberg Research, and a not-for-profit, Dalberg Catalyst, our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic inequality, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy working hard and collaborating with teams across continents and cultures. You are a problem-solver and excel at clear strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to hone these skills and put them to work – transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are an entrepreneur that is ready to jump in and help us take our firm to the next level. You have been a top performer in your previous career. You are passionate about development.
Dalberg has a global footprint with consultants that live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, MENA and the Americas. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Full-time graduate student getting an MBA, MPA, MPP, and/or other similar degrees with expected graduation dates of May/June 2024, or May/June 2023 for one-year graduate programs.
- Excellent academic record.
- Experience working in a leading international management consultancy firm, financial services firm or similar type of private sector experience; or experience working in a strategic role for a high-performing social or public-sector organization.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas to life, build impact-oriented enterprises, and lead teams to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Understanding of the political and cultural environments of international organizations or environments.
- In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in spoken and written languages other than English.
- Experience with financial analysis, excel, STATA.
- In-depth knowledge on specific topics related to Dalberg’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, ideas, or initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
You will drive the creation of innovative and results-oriented solutions for Dalberg’s clients – helping us change the development landscape around the world. Dalberg Postgraduate Consultants take ownership of key aspects of the client’s challenges, initiate critical and creative thinking on these strategic issues, lead research and complicated analyses and contribute to developing our relationships with clients.
Examples of recent projects that Dalberg consultants have worked on include creating a macro-economic plan for the Government of Ethiopia to accelerate industrial growth, designing a major foundation’s strategy to control sleeping sickness in Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring countries, and launching a new impact investment fund for agriculture in Nigeria. In addition, Dalberg Consultants worked on creating the world’s largest public, freely available dataset on national digital ID in India and have previously traveled for work to a mine in a jungle in Indonesia, to refugee camps in remote parts of Kenya, and to the border of Nepal looking at trafficking transport chains.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower Dalberg Postgraduate Consultants to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
The Dalberg Postgraduate Consultant Program, which is 10-12 weeks long, is one of the primary paths to full-time employment for Postgraduate Consultants at Dalberg Advisors. As a Postgraduate Consultant, you will get the opportunity to better understand what it would be like to work at Dalberg full-time, and we will have the opportunity to get to know you. Postgraduate Consultants will be considered for full-time offers to join the firm after graduation. Please note that applicants must be enrolled in a full-time graduate school program with an expected graduation date of May/June 2024 or May/June 2023 for one-year graduate programs.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as the Ethiopian Ministry of Innovation and Technology, USAID, and India’s NITI Aayog.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Dar es Salaam, Kigali, Mumbai, New Delhi and Singapore.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on January 15, 2023.
In your cover letter, please list up to 3 offices – only for locations where the position is open – where you hope to work and to be considered for a full-time position, in order of preference. When considering location preferences: if extended an offer for full-time employment after graduation, Postgraduate Consultants will be offered a role in the office they were based only. Remember: full-time employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
Your application should include a resume noting current GMAT and / or GRE scores as applicable, cover letter, and a written response (limited to 500 words) that answers ONE of the following questions. The intention of this writing exercise is for us to get a sense of your writing style, as well as what most excites you. Please note that this written response should not require any additional research or preparation and should not take you more than one hour to complete.
- What is one business solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?
- How can an effective, innovative solution from a developing country context be scaled to additional regions/countries to improve standards of living?
- Is international development dead or alive? Why?
- Describe a specific instance where you had to overcome a challenge to achieve your personal or professional goals. What have you learned from this, etc.?
- All offices will only extend offers to candidates looking for full-time positions in the country they complete their program in.
- Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
- Asia: Mumbai and New Delhi offices are able to sponsor work authorization to candidates who require it.
Interested? Apply by 15 January 2023: https://lnkd.in/gCP_fhzH or Send to a Friend