admin | Feb 24, 2024 | 0
Kickstart Your Project with a Grant
Would you like to start an H2O for Life project, but need some money to get your fundraiser off the ground?
H2O for Life will provide mini-grants that will assist schools on their journey to participate in our life-changing service learning program. Provision of grants will allow schools with limited fundraising capability to participate in a service learning program through provision of funds for acquisition of supplies that will lead to success.
These small grants will require participating schools to create a budget and a business plan that will be implemented during the 2018-19 school year. Students will set a fundraising goal that at minimum is equal to the amount of the grant or more.
H2O for Life has a mission to improve our local and global communities through engaging youth as change-makers for a better world.
For the past 11 years, H2O for Life has worked to create a program for teachers to educate youth about the global water crisis and take action to provide water, sanitation and hygiene education (WASH) for global partner schools. We continue to work to create a generation of engaged and educated youth committed to a lifetime of meaningful service and leadership. With half the world’s population under age 25, our mission is to help all young people find their voice, take action and make an impact for schools around the world. We are tackling the global water crisis and youth are part of the solution. We have found that schools with lower income populations find it difficult to participate in a program to raise funds without a clearly defined plan and small start-up funds.
The program will:
- Engage youth through our online H2O for Life Schools platform.
- Fund youth with mini-grants to assist them with creation of a robust service-learning action project. ($250-$500)
- Highlight youth through recognition in our newsletter, posting of youth blogs and photos on our website, and access to ongoing National campaigns.
Young people will help solve the global water crisis through:
- Raising local awareness about the important need to conserve and protect our local water resources, while providing funds for implementation of water and sanitation for a partner school.
- Engagement in service-learning that will empower youth voice and develop skills of advocacy, leadership, critical thinking and empathy.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills through our grant program.
- Philanthropy- Youth are powerful when the give, raise funds and donate to an important cause. Service-learning helps develop civic engagement and philanthropy for the future.
Research shows that most young people volunteer for the first time because of a direct ask. H2O for Life defines a clear call to action for youth to plan a project and provide a measurable difference around a topic that they care about.
Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to assist schools with funds needed to support their service-learning program.
H2O for Life believes that youth are leaders of change. All students should have the opportunity to participate in a program that develops skills important for future careers and an opportunity to develop a path to a lifetime of service.
To be considered for a service grant of up to $500 please complete the form HERE. There is a rolling deadline and a limited amount of grants. If you are a student applying for the grant, you will need a teacher sponsor to receive the check.