Angelina | Feb 28, 2024 | 0
The UNU-CRIS Research Internship Programme
The UNU-CRIS Research Internship Programme provides an opportunity to experience first-hand the operations at a research institute within the UN system. The programme places a strong emphasis on training and guidance to ensure a successful and beneficial internship. The programme also encourages interns to advance their own studies related to global and regional governance by contributing to the institute’s policy-relevant research projects.
- be enrolled in, or have recently completed within two years, a graduate (second university degree or equivalent) or postgraduate degree programme (specialized master’s or doctoral level).
- demonstrate a strong interest in the UN, regional integration/governance studies and specifically in one of the research programs of the Institute, namely:
- Regions and Cities Governance Lab
- Regional Integration Knowledge System
- Regional Public Goods
- be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute and a proactive team player;
- possess relevant qualitative or quantitative analytical skills.
- have excellent time management and organisational capacities and be able to deal autonomously with different tasks at the same time.
- be fluent in oral and written English. Additional language skills are an asset (particularly official UN languages).
- be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months.
- be committed to the mission of the UN and to UNU’s mandate.
Our Belgium-based institute, United Nations University – CRIS, currently has two open internships:
- Communications (Deadline: 8 March 2024)
- Gravity Model of International Trade (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
Interns are remunerated at a rate based on the applicant’s country of residence, as per the UNDP Stipend Rate.
Learn more and apply through Apply now