Call for Session Proposals: Civil Society Program (CSP) of the 57th ADB Annual Meeting in Tbilisi, Georgia
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) invites Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to participate in the Civil Society Program of the 57th ADB Annual Meeting in Tbilisi, Georgia. This unique opportunity aims to bridge the gap between ADB and CSOs, exploring avenues for collaboration in line with ADB’s Strategy 2030. Read on to learn more about the submission details and the thematic focus for this significant event.
Call for Proposals Details:
- Deadline: 31 December 2023, 5:00 p.m. (GMT+8)
- Theme: “Bridge to the Future”
- Overall Focus Areas: Low-carbon and smart connectivity, Climate action, and ADB’s Strategy 2030.
Why Join? CSOs play a pivotal role in ADB’s initiatives, contributing across stakeholder engagement, project implementation, monitoring, and policy review. This program provides a platform to reflect on past engagements and envision future collaboration to achieve prosperity, inclusion, resilience, and sustainability in Asia and the Pacific.
Submission Guidelines: CSOs are encouraged to submit session proposals aligning with ADB’s Strategy 2030 and this year’s theme. Proposals should emphasize CSO perspectives on ADB’s Operational Priorities (OPs) and provide recommendations for meaningful ADB-CSO engagement.
- Ensure a clear link to any of the 7 OPs and this year’s theme.
- Focus on CSO perspectives and recommendations for ADB-CSO engagement.
- Establish expertise of the speaker panel, ensuring diversity in representation.
- Include at least one speaker under the age of 35 and, if possible, a representative from ADB.
How to Submit: Submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is 31 December 2023, 5:00 p.m. GMT+8. Please use “57th ADB Annual Meeting Civil Society Program Session Proposal” as the subject line.
Key Highlights and Event Documentation: CSOs organizing sessions are required to prepare key highlights within 48 hours after completion. These highlights, with a maximum of 320 words, will be part of the overall 57th AGM documentation.
Don’t Miss Your Chance: Seize this opportunity to contribute to the dialogue shaping the future of ADB-CSO collaboration. Submit your proposals now and be a part of the “Bridge to the Future” at the 57th ADB Annual Meeting in Tbilisi, Georgia. APPLY HERE!!!