admin | Feb 14, 2024 | 0
Unlocking Opportunities: GeoEconomics Center’s Spring 2024 Young Global Professionals Program
The GeoEconomics Center invites you to embark on a transformative journey through its Spring 2024 Young Global Professionals Program. This is your chance to make a tangible impact on the global economic landscape and be part of a team that shapes a better future.
Location: Washington, DC headquarters with a hybrid schedule
Employment Type: Temporary Internship
Seniority Level: Intern
Job Category: Staff
The GeoEconomics Center is at the forefront of reshaping the global economic future. It serves as a vital hub for translating economic, financial, and foreign policy insights into actionable strategies. As an intern with the GeoEconomics Center, you will be an essential part of this transformative mission.
Interns are not passive observers but active participants in the Center’s activities, including events, publications, development, and programming strategy. Your responsibilities will encompass various aspects of the Center’s work, such as data visualization, event planning, research for publications and articles, and managing the program’s Twitter account. You’ll collaborate with the Center’s staff to create informative infographics, analyze data, and contribute to newsletters that influence economic policy.
We are seeking candidates who are not only passionate about the work but also possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a team-player mindset, and strong communication skills. This internship is an opportunity to engage in continual learning, meet deadlines, and demonstrate a keen interest in international affairs and economics through previous coursework or relevant experience.
- Support the organization and execution of GeoEconomics Center events.
- Manage program contacts, program metrics, and social media presence.
- Create data visualizations to illustrate policies and their impacts.
- Conduct research and contribute to proposal writing.
- Assist with program event logistics, including drafting correspondence.
- Engage in research on current events, key stakeholders, and emerging issues.
- Contribute to report editing and publishing.
- Applicants must be at least a college sophomore in good standing, a graduate student, or a recent graduate, preferably with a background in Economics, International Affairs, or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work through challenges and demonstrate strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Desired experience with social media campaigns, data platforms like Macrobond and Bloomberg, data visualization, and graphic design.
- Strong research and writing skills are a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- An interest in geoeconomics, international trade, fiscal & monetary policy, sanctions, Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), and the future of the global economic landscape.
- Applicants should specify in their cover letter which of the GeoEconomics Center’s three pillars of work align with their interests.
- Full-time commitment (40 hrs/week) is required.
- Applications close on Thursday, November 9, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET (4:59 am GMT) and should include a resume and cover letter.
Join them in shaping a better global economic future and leave your mark on the world. Apply now and unlock your potential as a Young Global Professional with the GeoEconomics Center. APPLY HERE!